There's nothing more important than keeping in touch with the people that matter most. Iris allows you to add a list of contacts for each Place so you can give those people access to your Iris devices and services. By adding people to your Place, you can do the following and more:
Receive notifications when an alarm is triggered
Set up Rules so they will be notified when things happen in the home (ex: when a door is unlocked, notify my spouse).
Assign a PIN code which can be used to access locked doors or disarm the security alarm.
Invite people to your home and grant control with an account of their own.
There are two levels of access you can give:
- Full Access (email required): This access level is the equivalent to the Account Owner’s except that billing information is hidden. An invitation will be sent to the invitee and once they accept, they will create their own Iris account and will be able to access your Place.
What’s the difference between a ‘Full Access Guest’ and a ‘Partial Access Guest?
- Partial Access: This access level is great for anyone you want to let into your home or to receive Rule notifications without providing them with a login or digital access to your Place. You can also assign the invitee a four-digit PIN code that can be used for disarming the security system or unlocking a door lock. This option is best for family, close friends, and service personnel that can access your home, but have no need to view your Iris system from the app or website. Also great for those that do not have a smartphone.
Allowing someone Partial Access means they are recognized by Iris but cannot login to your Place. With Partial Access, there is no invitation code to accept, this is intended for use by family & friends or service professionals who need to access your home but should not be able to control any of it’s features remotely.
Partial Access guests can be added to the Alarm Notification List, assigned a PIN code to unlock locks/disarm security keypad, and for associating a person with a fob (for example, a Rule that can notify you when children return from school). The crucial difference here is that these people cannot control any devices within your system remotely (from within the app or website).
Add someone to your Iris home:
- From the dashboard, tap on the upper-right Add (+) menu and then choose Person.
- Choose the level of access you want to give the person. (The options are listed above)
- Choose who you want to invite. You can choose Use My Contacts or Enter Manually. If you choose the latter, enter the person's name and e-mail address. Tap Next.
How to Add a Person in the Web Portal
- Enter how you know this person by using one of the options. Tap Next.
- If you chose Full Access, follow the prompts until you are asked if you would like to send a custom message with your invitation. Create one if you'd like, then tap Send Invite. They will then need to accept the invite and complete creating their own Iris account on their end. You can check on the status of an invitation in Dashboard > Menu > Settings > People.
- If you chose Partial Access, assign a PIN code for the invitee if you’d like. A PIN code is required to add the Person to your Alarm Notification list. You'll be asked to enter it twice for verification purposes. Finally, add the person's phone number and assign them a picture if you'd like.
1. Log in to the place you wish to add the person using the Web Portal
2. From the Dashboard, click on Settings tab
3.Click on People & Places
4.Click on + Person place in upper right corner
5.Choose the level of access you want to give the person (the options are listed above).
-If you chose Full Access, fill out the following information: Name, Email, and Relationship to Account Owner. You may also customize an additional message to be added to the invitation. Once the form has been completed, click SEND INVITATION. The invited person will then need to accept the invite and complete creating their own Iris account on their end. You can check on the status of an invitation under Dashboard > Settings > People & Places within the Web Portal.
- If you choose Partial Access, fill out the following information: Name, Email, and Relationship to Account Owner. You will also be asked if you would like to define a Pin Code and provide a phone number so the guest user can get notified in the event of an alarm or to disarm your alarm.
Once your invitee is added to your Place, you can do the following:
- If the Person has a PIN code, add them to your Alarm Notification list in Alarm Card > More > Notification List.
- If the person has a PIN code, you can assign their PIN code to a lock in Doors & Locks > Access.
- You can also create rules to notify the person when other things happen at home.
- If you have a key fob or care pendant paired, you can assign your Person to one through the Home & Family card. This is important if you plan to use this device in a Rule.
You can check on the status of an invitation in Dashboard > Menu > Settings > People.
If you have more than one Place on your Iris account, it's important to note each Place will have its own set of People. This means that contacts made in one place will not show up in another Place. You will have to add the person to the other place as well.